Friday, October 19, 2007

Internships

It's getting to be about that time... I'm about halfway done with the first semester of my junior year, and it's time I sit down and find me an internship! The possibilities are endless as far as different types of companies to intern for, profit vs. non-profit, location - it's really just a matter of finding the right one for me!

Ideally, I would love to have an internship working in sports; preferably motorsports. Competition will be stiff I'm sure though. EVERYONE wants to work in sports - many people major in public relations for this very reason. I'm a little concerned I won't qualify for the job as well as other students working towards the same internship. With it's growing need, public relations is becoming a fast-growing job.... meaning MORE competition. Yet another reason (besides being required by the JMC school) to get an internship. Any little bit to further your experience and increase your qualifications will help.

I know of a few students who have had wonderful internships that led to great jobs after college... my search for that same great experience begins now. I hope I can find the right internship for me, helping me begin my career!

No comments: